Learn about how to tell whether a life hack is worth trying from a special guest: Professor Joseph M. Reagle Jr., author of the new book “Hacking Life: Systematized Living and Its Discontents.” [https://amzn.to/2DRIAAh] You’ll also learn why there’s no such thing as a “reverse microwave” for cooling.
Please support our sponsors! For $80 off your first month of HelloFresh, go to HelloFresh.com/curiosity80 [http://hellofresh.com/curiosity80] and enter promo code curiosity80.
In this podcast, Cody Gough [https://curiosity.im/twitter-cody-gough] and Ashley Hamer [https://curiosity.im/twitter-ashley-hamer] discuss the following story from Curiosity.com about why there’s no such thing as a “reverse microwave” for cooling: https://curiosity.im/2Hd5uUM
Publications and additional resources from Joseph M. Reagle, Jr:
– “Hacking Life: Systematized Living and Its Discontents” — https://amzn.to/2DRIAAh
– “Reading the Comments: Likers, Haters, and Manipulators at the Bottom of the Web” —https://amzn.to/2vEV2Pv
– “Good Faith Collaboration: The Culture of Wikipedia” —https://amzn.to/2DRJoFj
– Official website —https://reagle.org/joseph/
– Follow @jmreagle on Twitter — https://twitter.com/jmreagle
– MIT Press —https://mitpress.mit.edu/contributors/joseph-m-reagle-jr
Get your copy of “Hacking Life: Systematized Living and Its Discontents” on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2DRIAAh
Official podcast website — https://curiositydaily.com
Support the show on Patreon — https://www.patreon.com/curiositydotcom
Subscribe to the Curiosity Daily science podcast on:
Google Podcasts — https://curiosity.im/curiosity-daily-google-podcasts
Apple Podcasts — https://curiosity.im/curiosity-podcast-itunes
Spotify — https://curiosity.im/curiosity-daily-spotify
Alexa Flash Briefing — https://curiosity.im/podcast-flash-briefing
RSS — https://curiosity.im/podcast-RSS
Download the FREE 5-star Curiosity app for Android and iOS at https://curiosity.im/podcast-app
Originally posted to https://omny.fm/shows/curiosity-podcast/how-to-tell-what-life-hacks-are-worth-trying-w-jos on May 23, 2019.